Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Get Healthy With Chocolate Covered Strawberries? Sign me up!

I came across this great article today about 20 simple ways to improve your health. Although they are minor changes, apparently they can add up to big results. I was thrilled to see that playing the drums was #1 on the list, considering I've always wanted to do that. I think I'd be pretty good at it, plus I always imagined that it would be extremely stress relieving. This just confirms it. Now I have to get me a drumset and an extra noise insulated room added on to the house so that my neighbors don't evict me from the neighborhood.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/slideshows/20-simple-ways-to-improve-your-health-in-2013

The other thing on the list that I always wanted to do was become a morning person. I am queen of the snooze button and can sleep until noon every day if I was able to. And I get 8 hours of sleep every night! I have the best intentions to get up early and face the day, but when the alarm goes off I want to throw it out the window. One of these days I need to buckle down and try it. But I highly doubt it will be anytime real soon.

Today I am choosing 2 things from this list to do....actually it's really only one thing but it covers two of the ways at the same time. I will be waving off the unrealistic goal of avoiding sweets at every turn while I am taking care of my skin by eating dark chocolate covered strawberries! This is something I can do every day without even trying. I'm going to have the nicest skin in the whole wide world!

Oh, and I also opted for this delicious and satisfying lunch instead of heading to roach coach for a chicken burrito. Yes, that was intended to be sarcastic, but in reality these things aren't that bad. I like the mint and lemon ones the best.


1 comment: