Thursday, January 3, 2013

Something's Fishy....

By now I'm sure that everyone is familiar with the multitude of benefits you get by taking fish oil supplements. Talk about a miracle pill! By taking one or two gigantic horse pills full of the stuff per day, I can ward off cancer, depression, the effects of aging, arthritis, heart disease, inflammation, AND improve my eye sight (check out the complete list here). The only problem is that I can never remember to take them.

I started off by taking them in the morning. I'm better at taking pills in the morning because I just make it part of my routine. Then one day, a few hours after I took them I drank something carbonated and started burping up fish. It was so totally, disgustingly gross. It was like I ate a couple of cans of the nastiest seafood flavor of Fancy Feast you can buy. Obviously this was not going to work. I even tried the odorless ones and they are far from odorless.

Then I got the bright idea to take them before bed. It was genius! They are completely digested by the time I wake up and I don't have to deal with any of the unpleasant side effects. The only issue I had with this idea was remembering to take them so I hardly ever did. I'm not going to fight off any diseases that way!

Today I made it a point to move the bottle of pills AND a bottle of water to a convenient place on the night stand next to my bed. That way there's no way I'll forget since they will be right in my face. I'm even going to start giving them to my dogs, since back in the day my vet recommended giving them to Dora to help with her bad hip joints. Which I did for a while, but eventually forgot about that too.

I'm really hoping that one of the benefits turns out to be improved memory. Apparently I can use it.


1 comment: